standards furniture store trinidad
Standards Furniture Store Trinidad – Mommy's Helper Tip Resistant Furniture Safety Brackets – William Clyde Tomlinson
Standards Furniture Store Trinidad
- Software standard is a standard in software, which is particularly essential in software interroperatibility.
- Standards is a two-volume set of jazz albums released by the Keith Jarrett trio in 1983. Originally released by ECM, they have been multiply re-issued, including by Universal/Polygram.
- A technical standard is an established norm or requirement. It is usually a formal document that establishes uniform engineering or technical criteria, methods, processes and practices.
- Standards (2001) is the fourth album by the American post-rock band Tortoise.
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Furniture (probably from the French 'fournir' — to provide) is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above
- Furniture was a British pop band, active from 1979 to 1991 and best known for their 1986 Top 30 hit "Brilliant Mind".
- In typesetting, furniture is a term for pieces of wood that are shorter than the height of the type. These pieces are used to layout type by blocking out empty spaces (white space) in a layout set in a chase.
- an island in West Indies just off the northeastern coast of Venezuela
- The Trinidad was the flagship of Magellan's voyage of circumnavigation. Unlike Elcano's Victoria, which returned to Spain, the Trinidad tried and failed to return by way of Mexico.
- The Trinidad Amtrak station is a train station in Trinidad, Colorado, United States served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system.
- Trinidad (Spanish: "Trinity") is the larger and more populous of the two major islands and numerous landforms which make up the country of Trinidad and Tobago. It is the southernmost island in the Caribbean and lies just 11 km (7 miles) off the northeastern coast of Venezuela.
- shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- memory: an electronic memory device; "a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached"
- keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
Prevent furniture tip-over
Accommodates up to 4 pieces of furniture
WILLIAM CLYDE TOMLINSON. As one of the representative and old established undertakers of Southeastern Kansas, William Clyde Tomlinson, of Chanute, belongs to that class of men in his line who have elevated the calling to a profession and conduct their work scientifically and expertly. Mr. Tomlinson established his business in Chanute seventeen years ago and with the exception of an interval of three years, has been here continuously since. During this time has witnessed remarkable advancements made in his field of endeavor. The modern undertaker and embalmer must be the possessor of qualities which fit him for his calling, for he must not only thoroughly understand it, but must be possessed of infinite tact and sympathy of manner. He is called into a family at a time of greater grief, when ordinary duties are suspended and there is a necessity for kindly action and expert advice. As the possessor of these qualities Mr. Tomlinson is gratefully remembered in many homes which have been visited by death.
William C. Tomlinson was born in Mercer County, Illinois, April 19, 1865, and is a son of Joseph F. and Adelaide (Randall) Tomlinson, and belongs on both sides to families which have long been residents of this country and who have been distinguished in a number of fields of endeavor. On the paternal side the family is traced to three brothers who emigrated to America during colonial days, one locating in Vermont, one in Kentucky and one in North Carolina, William C. being descended from the last-named ancestor. Henry Bishop Tomlinson, his grandfather, was born in North Carolina, in 1796, and as a young man went to Boone County, Indiana, where he was engaged in practice as a physician for many years. He retired after a long and honorable service to his calling, and located at Chanute, Kansas, where he soon died, in 1881. His first wife, who was the grandmother of William C. Tomlinson, died when her son Joseph F. was but five years old, and the grandfather took for his second wife Polly Hacker, who died at Girard, Kansas.
Joseph F. Tomlinson was born November 8, 1843, in Boone County, Indiana, and was there reared and educated. He was still a young man when he left the parental roof and went to Mercer County, Illinois, in which community he was married, while home on a furlough during the war. He was living in that state when President Lincoln issued his first call for volunteers to defend the Union, and showed his patriotism by enlisting in Company I, Seventeenth Regiment, Illinois Volunteer Infantry, although then only seventeen years of age. His service as a wearer of the blue uniform of his country covered a period of three years and two months, and during this time saw much active fighting, including the engagements of Fort Donelson, Shiloh, Pittsburg Landing, Corinth, Holly Springs and the Siege of Vicksburg. When his service was completed, the brave young soldier returned to Mercer County, Illinois, where he engaged in farming, and in 1872 went to Iowa, there continuing his agricultural operations in Guthrie County until 1878, in that year going to Keokuk County, Iowa, as a farmer. Mr. Tomlinson came to Chanute in 1886 and on a farm in Neosho County he continued to carry on operations until 1899. At that time he left the farm and removed to the city, where he established the undertaking business now conducted by his son. He did not live long enough to carry the business through to the proportions which he had planned, as his death occurred June 20, 1900. Mr. Tomlinson was a man who was respected and esteemed for his many admirable qualities of mind and heart, and for the honorable manner in which he always conducted his business operations and his private activities. He was a republican in his political views, although not an active politician, and was a devout and faithful member of the Methodist Episcopal Church. He always maintained his interest in the fortunes of his former comrades in the Union army, and was a popular member of Neosho Post No. 129, Grand Army of the Republic, at Chanute.
Mr. Tomlinson was married in Mercer County, Illinois, to Miss Adelaide Randall, who was born February 12, 1845, at Rochester, New York, a member of a family which settled at Providence, Rhode Island, when that place was founded by Roger Williams, in 1636. Stephen Randall, Jr., the maternal grandfather of William C. Tomlinson, was born in 1811, in Rhode Island, and shortly before the birth of his daughter, Adelaide, removed to New York and located at Rochester. In 1847 he went with his family to Mercer County, Illinois, and engaged in farming, but in the evening of life removed to near Sigourney, Iowa, where he passed away in 1896, at the age of eighty-five years. He married Rachel Trumbull, who was born in either
The Cort Theater survives today as one of the historic theaters that symbolize American theater for both New York and the nation. Built in 1912-13, the Cort is among the oldest surviving theaters in New York. It was designed by architect Thomas Lamb to house the productions of John Cort, one of the country’s major producers and theater owners.
The Cort Theater represents a special aspect of the nation’s theatrical history. Beyond its historical importance, it is an exceptionally handsome theater, with a facade modeled on the Petit Trianon in Versailles. Its triple-story, marble-faced Corinthian colonnade is very unusual among the Broadway theaters. Thomas Lamb was New York’s most prolific theater architect, but the Cort is one of only two legitimate stage theaters of his design surviving in the Broadway area.
For three-quarters of a century the Cort Theater has served as home to countless numbers of the plays through which the Broadway theater has come to personify American theater. As such, it continues to help define the Broadway theater district, the largest and most famous concentration of legitimate stage theaters in the world.
The development of the Broadway Theater District
The area of midtown Manhattan known today as the Broadway theater district encompasses the largest concentration of legitimate playhouses in
the world. The theaters located there, some dating from the turn of the century, are significant for their contributions to the history of the New York stage, for their influence upon American theater as a whole, and in many cases for their architectural design.
The development of the area around Times Square as New York’s theater district at the end of the 19th century occurred as a result of two related factors: the northward movement of the population of Manhattan Island (abetted by the growth of several forms of mass transportation), and the expansion of New York’s role in American theater. The northward movement of Manhattan’s residential, commercial, and entertainment districts had been occurring at a steady rate throughout the 19th century. In the early 1800s, businesses, stores, hotels, and places of amusement had clustered together in the vicinity of lower Broadway. As New York’s various businesses moved north, they began to isolate themselves in more or less separate areas; the financial institutions remained downtown; the major retail stores situated themselves on Broadway between 14th and 23rd Streets, eventually moving to Herald Square and Fifth Avenue at the turn of the century; the hotels, originally located near the stores and theaters, began to congregate around major transportation centers such as Grand Central Terminal or on the newly fashionable Fifth Avenue; while the mansions of the wealthy spread farther north on Fifth Avenue, as did such objects of their beneficence as the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The theater district, which had existed in the midst of stores, hotels, and other businesses along lower Broadway for most of the 19th century, spread northward in stages, stopping for a time at Union Square, then Madison Square, then Herald Square. By the last two decades of the 19th century, far-sighted theater managers had begun to extend the theater district even farther north along Broadway, until they had reached the area that was then known as Long Acre Square and is today called Times Square.
A district of farmlands and rural summer homes in the early 1800s, Long Acre Square had by the turn of the century evolved into a hub of mass transportation. A horsecar line had run across 42nd Street as early as the 1860s, and in 1871, with the opening of Grand Central Depot and the completion of the Third and Sixth Avenue Elevated Railways, it was comparatively simple for both New Yorkers and out-of-towners to reach Long Acre Square. Transportation continued to play a large part in the development of the area; in 1904 New York’s subway system was inaugurated, with a major station located at 42nd Street and Broadway. The area was then renamed Times Square in honor of the newly erected Times Building. The evolution of the Times Square area as a center of Manhattan’s various mass transit systems made it a natural choice for the location of legitimate playhouses, which needed to be easily accessible to their audiences.
The theater business that invaded Long Acre Square at the end of the 19th century consisted of far more than a few playhouses, for at that time New York was the starting-point for a vast, nationwide entertainment network known as "the road." This complex theater operation had its beginnings in the 1860s when the traditional method of running a theater, the stock system, was challenged by the growing popularity of touring "combination" shows. In contrast to the stock system, in which a theater manager engaged a company of actors for a season and presented them in a
variety of p